(Tuesday / मंगलवार)
Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami Muhurat
Vasant Panchami Muhurat – 06:58 AM to 12:35 PM
Duration – 05 Hours 37 Mins
Vasant Panchami Madhyahna Moment – 12:35 PM
Panchami Tithi Begins – 03:36 AM on Feb 16, 2021
Panchami Tithi Ends – 05:46 AM on Feb 17, 2021
Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami 2021
Basant Panchami day is dedicated to Saraswati, the Goddess of knowledge, music, arts, science and technology. Goddess Saraswati is worshipped on Vasant Panchami day. Vasant Panchami is also known as Shri Panchami and Saraswati Panchami.
People worship Goddess Saraswati to get enlighten with knowledge and to get rid of lethargy, sluggishness and ignorance. This ritual of initiating education to children is known as Akshar-Abhyasam or Vidya-Arambham/Praasana which is one of the famous rituals of Vasant Panchami. Schools and colleges arrange pujas in the morning to seek blessing of the Goddess.
Purvahna Kala, which is the time between the sunrise and the midday, is considered to decide Vasant Panchami day. Vasant Panchami is celebrated on the day when Panchami Tithi prevails during Purvahna Kala. Due to which Vasant Panchami might also fall on Chaturthi Tithi.
Many astrologers consider Vasant Panchami as Abujha (अबूझ) day which is auspicious to start all good work. According to this belief whole Vasant Panchami day is auspicious to perform Saraswati Puja.
Although there is no special time to perform Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami day one should make sure that Puja is done when Panchami Tithi is prevailing. Many times Panchami Tithi doesn’t prevail whole of the day on Vasant Panchami day hence we believe that it is important to do Saraswati puja within Panchami Tithi.
DrikPanchang.com suggests Saraswati Puja time during Purvahna Kala while Panchami Tithi is prevailing. Purvahna Kala falls between the sunrise and the midday which is also the time when most people perform Saraswati Puja including schools and colleges in India.
Saraswati Ya Kundendu is the most famous Stuti dedicated to Goddess Saraswati and part of the famous Saraswati Stotram. It is recited during Saraswati Puja on the eve of Vasant Panchami.
या कुन्देन्दुतुषारहारधवला या शुभ्रवस्त्रावृता।
या वीणावरदण्डमण्डितकरा या श्वेतपद्मासना॥
या ब्रह्माच्युत शंकरप्रभृतिभिर्देवैः सदा वन्दिता।
सा मां पातु सरस्वती भगवती निःशेषजाड्यापहा॥१॥
शुक्लां ब्रह्मविचार सार परमामाद्यां जगद्व्यापिनीं।
हस्ते स्फटिकमालिकां विदधतीं पद्मासने संस्थिताम्।
वन्दे तां परमेश्वरीं भगवतीं बुद्धिप्रदां शारदाम्॥२॥
One can associate with her through the hymn “ॐ ऐम सरस्वत्यै स्वाहा” – to excel in arts, dance and music.
Benefits of Saraswati Puja
- It’s said to facilitate improve the understanding power. while refinement the intellectual powers and memory.
- It can lead us to eternal truth of life and the transcendental information to raise the religious and divine self.
- Performed by anyone who is educate or studying;it’s aforesaid to build information and concentration on studies.
- Art and music lovers are awe-inspired by Devi Saraswati Puja as she is think to be the deity of art and music.
- It consults insight alongside knowledge amidst her devotees and followers.
- While it helps the mind attend peace and power, it makes the intellect stronger and intense.
- It helps to accelerate learning, motivate the demotivated and attend higher ranks of merit; that are among the primary advantages for anyone who is educating himself/herself.