Mundan Muhurat in 2023
Hinduism has a tradition of shaving the child’s hair for the first time after birth. This custom is known as ‘Mundan Sanskar.’ People usually perform this in ‘odd’ years for a boy, i.e., at 3, 5, or 7 and even years for a girl. According to the Mundan Muhurat 2023, the ceremony must occur at the age of one as per lineage. There are many beliefs related to the Mundan ceremony in Hinduism. Some faiths claim that as a part of the Mundan Sanskar child must shave the hair to get rid of the previous birth karmas. However, according to the medical view, many harmful bacteria get stuck in the hair when a baby is in the mother’s womb. These bacteria do not come out even after several times washing the hair. Therefore, the child must do Mundan at the age of 1 year.
Mundan Sanskar, or Tonsure, is one of the sixteen sacred rites in Hinduism. Chaul Mundan, Jadula, Chura Karma, or Chaul Karma Sanskar are the other names of the Mundan ceremony. There are 16 sacramental ceremonies in Hinduism; Mundan Sanskar has got the eighth place out of these sixteen sacraments. In Mundan Sanskar, the first time to shave the head of a child. As one of the essential Hindu rituals, the Chaul Mundan ceremony bestows the child with good fortune and eternal prosperity. The Mundan Sanskar is one of the sixteen sacred commemorations considered auspicious in Hinduism, Thus, the eighth and most significant purification ritual must be performed during a Shubh Muhurat in 2023 to bestow good luck and prosperity in a child’s life.
Also Read Solar Eclipse 2023
Meaning & importance of Mundan Sanskar in 2023
Mundan ceremony is one of the Hindu customs in which the child’s hair gets shaved for the first time after birth. This auspicious Sanskar is very propitious from both religious and scientific points of view. According to Hindu traditions, using a Mundan ceremony in the life of a person cleans the sins and negatives of their past life. A soul attains human form after fleeting through 84 lakh yonis, each having a definite effect on human delivery. By removing the hair, their past sins will wash away, and they become free from all adverse effects. As per Yajurveda, the Mundan ceremony is essential karma to enhance the child’s intelligence, health, age, and strength.
To get a detailed Kundli analysis, Talk To Astrologer
Why require a Shubh Muhurat for Mundan in 2023?
The Mundan Sanskar is one of the sixteen sacred rites in Hinduism. According to mythology, Mundan observance causes an increase in the child’s fortune, health, and continued prosperity. The child can attain more benefits in their future life. In Hinduism, it is a general practice to get the child shaved after birth, and this practice is named Mundan Sanskar. It will generally be observed in the odd years for a boy, such as three, five, or seven. Apart from the boy, the girl’s parents also get the shaving ceremony done for the same reasons. If you want to get the child shaved, follow the auspicious Mundan Muhurta 2023.
Let us read in detail about all the Mundan Shubh Muhurats in 2023
Mundan Muhurats in January 2023
|January 23, Monday||07:17 AM to 24 January 07:17 AM||Dhanishta|
|January 27, Friday||06:36 PM to 28 January 07.15 AM||Ashwini|
Mundan Muhurats in February 2023
|February 03, Friday||06:18 AM to 06:58 PM||Punarvasu|
|February 10, Friday||07.58 AM to 11 February 07:06 AM||Hasta|
|February 24, Friday||03:44 AM to 25 February 12:31 AM||Ashwini|
Mundan Muhurats in March 2023
|1 March 01, Wednesday||06:50 AM to 09:52 AM||Mrigashirsha|
|March 02, Thursday||12:43 PM to 07:55 PM||Punarvasu|
|March 09, Thursday||04:20 AM to 10 March 09:21 AM||Hasta|
|March 18, Saturday||02:46 AM to 06:31 AM||Shravan|
Mundan Muhurats in April 2023
|April 14, Friday||11.13 PM to 15 April at 6.00 AM||Shravana|
|April 24, Monday||08.25 AM to 25 April at 02:07 AM||Mrigashirsha:|
|April 26, Wednesday||11:28 AM to 27 April at 01:39 PM||Punarvasu|
Mundan Muhurats in May 2023
|May 03, Wednesday||05:43 AM to 11:50 PM||Hast|
|May 08, Monday||05:39 AM to 07:19 AM||Jyeshtha|
|May 11, Thursday||10:17 PM to 12 May 09:07 AM||Shravan|
|May 17, Wednesday||07:39 AM to 10:28 PM||Ashwini|
|May 22, Monday||05:31 AM to 22 May 10:37 AM||Mrigashirsha|
|May 24, Wednesday||05:30 AM to 25 May, 03:01 AM||Punarvasu|
|30 May 30, Tuesday||4:29 AM to 30 May 05:28 AM||Hasta|
Mundan Muhurats in June 2023
|June 01, Thursday||01:39 PM to 2 June 06:53 AM||Swati|
|June 07, Wednesday||09:51 PM to 8 June 06:59 PM||Shravana|
|June 10, Saturday||03:09 AM to 05:26 AM||Shatabhisha|
|June 14, Wednesday||05:26 AM to 08:48 AM||Ashwini|
|June 19, Monday||08:10 PM to June 20, 05:27 AM||Punarvasu|
|June 21, Wednesday||05:27 AM to 03:10 PM||Pushya|
|June 28, Wednesday||05:29 AM to 29 June, 03:19 AM||Chitra|
Benefits of Mundan ceremony in 2023
- Scientifically, different types of harmful bacteria are present in the mother’s womb, which stick to the hair of the baby. These bacteria do not get removed even after several washes. Shaving the baby’s head removes not only these bacteria but also promotes the growth of healthy, even, and fine hair.
- After the Mundan ceremony, the body temperature of the child becomes normal. By which they can experience good mental and physical development.
- The head should shave for proper absorption of sunlight, which is a source of Vitamin D. It provides uniform blood circulation to the baby’s scalp, resulting in good hair growth.
- Mundan reduces the toothache that occurs when teeth begin to emerge in a child.
- According to the scriptures, Mundan brings propitiousness to a child’s life and bestows eternal abundance and knowledge.
Auspicious timings for Mundan Muhurta in 2023
The Mundan Sanskar is one of the sixteen samskaras in Hinduism, which is very important to do after the birth of a child. Shaving children is not only essential from a religious point of view, but it also holds a scientific significance. By which children can lead a healthy life. Let us know which is the auspicious year, constellation, and Tithi for Mundan Muhurta in the year 2023:
- Auspicious years for Mundan: According to astrology, it is optimistic about performing a Mundan ceremony in an odd year, like, the third, fifth, seventh Etc for a boy child. Even year, such as the fourth, sixth, eighth, etc. is auspicious for the girl child.
- Auspicious Nakshatras for Mundan: Jyeshtha, Mrigashira, Revathi, Chitra, Hasta, Ashwini, Pushya, Swati, Punarvasu, Shravan, Dhanishta, and Satabhisha are auspicious for shaving the hair of a child.
- Auspicious days for the Mundan ceremony: All days are good for shaving a child’s hair. But if you choose Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, it will be more fruitful.
- Auspicious dates for tonsure: Dwitiya, Tritiya, Panchami, Saptami, Dashami, Ekadashi, or Trayodashi tithi are auspicious for shaving the hair of a baby.
- Auspicious Lagna for Mundan: Dwitiya, Tritiya, Chaturthi, Shashthi, Navami, and Dwadashi are considered propitious.
- Auspicious month for doing Mundan ceremony: In 2023, the child should shave before Ashadh Ekadashi.
Apart from all the above-mentioned timing, natives must remember not to perform any Mundan ceremony in Chaitra, Vaishakh, or Jyeshtha, as this time is not considered Shubh timings for Mundan.
Also Read Lunar Eclipse 2023
Important facts about 2023 Mundan ceremony
- Some scholars believe that the Mundan Sanskar of a child should not perform during the month of their birth, Janma Nakshatra, or natal constellation.
- If the Moon confirms its presence in the fourth, eighth, twelfth, or malefic house of a child’s horoscope, this time is considered pessimistic for the shaving ceremony. However, another group of scholars claims that Janma Nakshatra, or the birth month, is an excellent time to perform this task.
- On the other hand, Dwitiya, Tritiya, Chaturthi, Shashtam, Saptami, Navam, and Dwadash sign ascendants (Lagna) or their Navamansh Lagnas are optimistic about Mundan ceremony.
To Know More About Shubh Muhurat for Mundan in 2023, Chat With Astrologer