Pitru Paksha also known as Mahalaya Paksha is a 15 lunar days period when Hindus pay homage to their ancestors. Pitru paksha 2023 is from 30th September 2023 to 14th October 2023. This Shardh is performed especially through Pinda Pradhan, Tarpan, and food offerings to Brahmins. Performing this ceremony with utmost faith and a peaceful mind gives the Karta the full benefit of this ceremony. The blessings of ancestors will always be there upon them.
Pitru Paksha 2023 Dates:
30th Sept: Prathamai Shradh/Dwitiyai Shradh
1st Oct: Tritiyai Shradh
2nd Oct: Chaturthi Shradh
3rd Oct: Panchami Shradh
4th Oct: Shashthi Shradh
5th Oct: Saptami Shradh
6th Oct: Ashtami Shradh
7th Oct: Navami Shradh
8th Oct: Dashami Shradh
10th Oct: Ekadashi Shradh
11th Oct: Dwadashi Shradh
12th Oct: Trayodashi Shradh
13th Oct: Chaturdashi Shradh
14th Oct: Sarva Pitru Amavasai Shradh
Pitru Paksha Shradh procedure mainly involves below main steps:
- Vishwadev Sthapan Pujan
- Pinda Pradan: It is the offering of pinda’s ( Rice balls) to the ancestors mixed with ghee, honey, sugar, milk, and curd. Pind Pradan should be performed with utmost dedication and faith.
- Tarpan: Offering of Til(Black) with water.
- Brahman Bhojan: Offering bhojan to brahman is a must.
- By performing this ceremony one receives the Pithrus blessing to help them achieve their dreams without any obstacles.
- The intensity of any Pithru dosh is also reduced.
Book North Indian Panditji / Hindi Pandit for Mahalaya Shradh. Panditji will bring all the Puja Samagri. All the Pandits are well experienced and studied from Vedic Pathshala.