About Navagraha Shanti Puja
The term Navagraha denotes the 9 celestial bodies that are central to spiritual calculations (and beliefs) (and not the nine planets as it is usually mistakenly translated). The Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn and the two shadow planets Rahu and Ketu represent the Navagraha.The nine “grahas” or planets in our horoscope command our fate, our desires and their outcomes. Each of these 9 planets exerts an influence in our lives, which is known as “dasa” and it can be known from one’s horoscope. Navagraha Puja/homam is performed to reduce the negative effects and improve the positive energies associated with someone.
The Navagraha Puja is carried out to extend the positive effects and diminish the negative energies in an individual’s life.
Importance and Significance of Navagraha Shanti Puja
There are several instances in life once we are stuck or in bother. More usually than not these dangerous phases in life are evident in our horoscopes. It is the movement and positions of those Navagrahas that seriously change the course of our lives. Each of these Navagrahas is alleged to represent a distinct aspect of our life and the planetary movement will consequently affect it.
Every graha/planet has its own importance.
- Sun is the king of planets which provides health.
- Moon is the planet which rules over mind and offers success.
- Mars or Mangal is the planet which provides prosperity and wealth.
- Mercury is the planet which gives knowledge.
- Jupiter gives education
- Venus gives the information of art, music etc.
- Saturn gives happiness and as well teaches vairagya.
- Rahu makes life stronger.
- Ketu ensures prosperity in the family.
These ill–effects of adverse planetary movement can result in something. It could be a period of economic loss, or a bad relationship, deteriorating health etc. To reduce, if not reverse, the ill-effects of these ill-fated periods, a Navagraha Puja can be performed to appease every of those 9 celestial bodies.
Benefits of Navagraha Shanti Puja
Most areas of our lives are defined by the placement and movement of the Navagrahas. The effects may be good also as dangerous. If it is the latter then chanting the Navagraha Mantras and doing the Navagraha Puja will bring tremendous positive energy through vibrations. This Puja is considered mutually of the most effective and also the most powerful tools for calming the a lot of infuriated planets. The malefic outcomes will be reduced if the Navgraha Shanti Puja is completed with utmost sincerity.
- While discussing the advantages of Navagraha Puja, one should as well bear in mind what, the great Lord Vishnu is believed to have declared consistent with him,“The One who worships the Navagraha with pure religion and sincere adherence to all its rituals shall attain all the four Purusharth – Hindu deity, Artha, Kaam and Moksha”.
- The ill-effects of the Navagrahas in the horoscopes are called ‘Doshas’. The Navagraha Puja helps in the removal of those Doshas.
- This Puja also enhances the power of the benevolent planets; so removing the hurdles and obstacles from all spheres of our lives.
- Ultimately, this leads to someone being blessed love, joy, happiness and success in all areas of life.
- Hence this Puja is extremely suggested for all those people who are undergoing some major problems in their lives.