Aksharabhyasa is one of the 16 sanskaras to be performed, in which when the baby attains age two years and above will be initiated to write the first letter for the first time to get the blessings from Matha Saraswati and Lord Ganesh by performing the Aksharabhyasam pooja to start their schooling life successfully.
Key Insights :
- Baby writes for the first time.
- It helps the baby to grow healthy and strong.
- Performed on any auspicious day after the child attains 2.5 yrs of age.
- Mantras are chanted for the baby’s well-being.
Our Promise :
- Vedic Patashala certified and experienced priests.
- All rituals follow Vedic Standards and Procedures
- High-quality Samagri to ensure a pleasant Pooja experience.
- Guaranteed Punctuality and Authenticity.
- Professional Guidance & Support.
Aksharabhyasam is also known as Vidhyarambham is a religious function in which the baby is given initiation for education. By doing this ceremony as per shastras, the child is ready to receive formal school education with the blessings of Lord Ganesha and Matha Saraswati.
This ceremony is one of the Sodas Sankara ( 16 Sanskaras), which every Hindu has to undergo. The meaning of Akshara is alphabets in Sanskrit. Abhyasam means to practice. Aksharabhyasam aims at giving the initial practice of writing letters to the child. This ceremony is generally performed when the baby turns two or two and a half years old.
When to Perform Aksharabhyasam?
This ceremony is usually performed on auspicious days like Vasant Panchami, Vijaya Dasami, Saraswati Pooja day, Guru Poornima, Dussehra, Navaratri, Sravana Pournami, Poornima, Ugadi, or Gudi Pudva day, or any other good muhurta dates.
Benefits of Aksharabhyasam:
Performing Aksharabhyasam Ceremony helps a child to get the blessings from Matha Saraswati and Ganesh.
Book Vadhyar for Aksharabhyasam. All the Pooja samagri(items) will be brought by Purohit. All the Pandits are well experienced and studied from Vedic Patashala.
No of Pandit(s) : 1 | Duration : 1-2 hrs