Shubh Muhurat for Bhoomi Pujan 2023
Most people still dream of purchasing a plot and building a house. Therefore, building a home on the acquired site is essential to one’s well-being. In India, people tend to ask for heavenly guidance before beginning any new activity to yield abundant results. Hence, Vastu Shastra and the Bhoomi Pujan ritual are of enormous significance to many Indian households. According to Vastu Shastra, Bhoomi Pujan is a crucial ritual carried out before the building of the house to enlist the deities’ blessings and welcome good fortune. This page has all the information you need about Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023 and Vastu Dates.
One should consider the month’s Shubh Muhurta, Tithi, and Nakshatra while choosing the auspicious dates to begin Bhoomi Pujan and home construction. We have compiled a list of auspicious Muhurat to do Bhumi Pujan in the new year to make things as easy as possible for you.
What is land worship?
Let’s go through the basics of Bhoomi Pujan first before moving on. Hindus perform a ceremony called Bhoomi pujan before constructing a new home in homage to the land, the gods, and the goddesses. At Bhumi Pujan, foundation worship, or the worship of the five components of nature, should also be performed. On the northeastern part of the construction site, Bhoomi, which means “mother earth,” is frequently practised. The northeast corner is where excavation should start, according to Vastu experts.
To Talk to Astrologer: Visit Here
However, some tribes do not know their exact date and location of birth. When this occurs, the priest can use the Rashi name to determine the auspicious date to build the house. Shubh Muhurta can also be calculated using the date, a starry sky, etc.
Also Read Indian Festival Calendar 2023
Importance of Bhoomi Pujan
According to the traditional practice in India, Bhoomi, or Mother Earth, is venerated along with other divinities before constructing any structure. This practice is known as Bhumi Pujan. The rites follow laying the foundation stone on the ground and summoning God’s blessings.
- Bhumi Pujan is performed to please Mother Earth, the Gods, and Goddesses and to appease the five elements of nature, earth, air, fire, sky, and water.
- Furthermore, worshipping Bhoomi helps remove Vastu defects and any negative energy in the land.
- This ritual protects the building or land and all its people from accidents or similar incidents.
- Also, it helps to channel positive energy and purifies the place by inviting good luck to the family members of the new home.
- Bhoomi Puja is also performed to seek forgiveness from living beings who live underground and inadvertently harm them during construction activities.
Auspicious time for Bhoomi Pujan in the year 2023
Shubh Muhurta for Bhoomi Pujan in January 2023
There is no auspicious Muhurat for January month 2023
Bhoomi Pujan Muhurat in February 2023
|10 February 2023, Friday
|From 09:15 am to 12:15 pm
Bhoomi Pujan Muhurat in March 2023
|9 March 2023, Thursday
|From 07:28 am to 12:24 pm
|10 March 2023, Friday
|From 07:24 am to 10:25 pm
Chat with an Astrologer: Visit Here
Bhooumi Pujan Muhurat in April, May, June, July, and August 2023
As per Hindu Calendar, there is no auspicious Muhurat for Bhoomi pujan from April to August.
Bhoomi Pujan Muhurta in September 2023
|2 September 2023, Saturday
|From 07:40 am to 12:16 pm
|25 September 2023, Monday
|From 06:42 am to 08:26 pm
|27 September 2023, Wednesday
|From 07:39 am to10:38 pm
Bhooumi Pujan Muhurta in October 2023
As per the Hindu calendar, there is no auspicious time for Bhoomi Pujan in October.
Bhoomi Pujan Muhurta in November 2023
|23 November 2023, Thursday
|From 07:21 am to 09:12 pm
|24 November 2023, Friday
|From 07:22 am to 09:08 pm
Bhumi Pujan Muhurta in December 2023
|29 December 2023, Friday
|From 08:55 am to 12:05 pm
Bhoomi Pujan Muhurta 2023: Auspicious date for house construction and Bhoomi Pujan Muhurta
You can follow the dates below for the suitable months to start the house construction. However, one should avoid starting house construction on Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday. Mondays and Thursdays are auspicious for new house construction in 2023. These are the auspicious times to begin the construction of a new house in the year 2023.
|1st Krishna Paksha
Bhoomi pooja dates in 2023: Auspicious constellation/Nakshatra for Griha Arambha
According to Vastu experts, the following nakshatras are suitable for house construction in 2023.
Auspicious Lagna for Bhumi pujan Muhurat 2023:
The auspicious Lagna for Bhoomi poojan are mentioned below
When choosing the dates for the Bhoomi pujaooja and the auspicious day to lay the cornerstone in 2023, you may also take the fortunate Lagna into account. According to Hindu scriptures, Lord Vishnu continues to sleep during the period from Ashadha Shukla Ekadashi until Kartik Shukla Ekadashi. Therefore, conducting the Bhoomi pujan at this time may not win Lord Vishnu’s favour. Therefore, do not begin building during the time between Ashadha Shukla and Kartik Shukla.
To talk to an astrologer: Visit here
Days to avoid Bhumi pujan Muhurat
Inauspicious dates for installing the foundation of a new home are the following.
This month is from March to April. One must avoid this time, or else it brings deprivation for the house owner.
In June, the planets are not in a favourable position.
Abstain the month of July for foundation laying, or it will bring a loss in business.
The month of August, the time is not Subh as it will bring upon financial losses.
Avoid September to commence construction of your new home, as it can result in fights and tensions in the house.
Avert this month which falls in October, to lay the foundation of your new home, as per Vastu.
January 18 to February 16 may not bring any benefit if the foundation is installed during this period.
To Chat with Astrologer: Visit Here
Tithis circumvented for the bhumi puja
Abstain fourth, ninth, and fourteenth Tithis as they are not considered auspicious for house construction or bhumi puja.
Impact of Moon Nakshatras
If the lunar day falls between the 1st and 7th or the 19th and 28th, performing the Bhoomi puja should be avoided, as it is inauspicious. Also, any lunar day falling between the 8th and 18th is considered auspicious for Bhoomi Pujan.
Where should Bhoomi Puja be performed at the construction spot?
The northeastern corner of the construction site, which is revered there, is where Bhoomi pujan is done. Additionally, the northeastern side of the site is always excavated first since the alignment here will be lower than the rest of the site. According to Vastu, the digging will provide favourable results by making the southeast relatively high and the northeast low.
Also Read Planetary Transit 2023
Bhoomi Pujan Vidhi 2023: How should the Bhoomi Pujan ritual be performed?
All home buyers prefer to perform Bhoomi Puja with full rituals. However, with the complexity of bhumi puja rituals, some people look up to the help of experienced people, and some talk directly to the priest. We suggest you continue to do so. Here you can grab Some vital factors too. Before worshipping the land these things are in mind.
- Identification of a specific place: After taking a bath, one should clean the particular area. Gangajal is preferred to cleanse and purify the place. Draw a 64-part drawing representing different deities in the northeast corner of the construction site.
- The priest should perform Bhoomi Puja: An expert priest should perform the observance. In his presence, it is mandatory to eliminate Vastu defects and negative energies.
- Vastu Direction: While worshipping the land, the concerned person should sit facing the east direction and the priest usually faces the north direction. However, the person conducting the puja faces east.
- Worship of Lord Ganesha: Bhoomi Pujan begins with the veneration of Lord Ganesha, the remover of impediments. Lord Ganesha will be worshipped to seek his blessing, to avoid obstacles.
- The idol of Gods: Oil or ghee lamp will light: The idol of Nag Devta and his Kalash will be dedicated following Lord Ganesha’s prayers. Sheshnag governs the earth and is a servant of Lord Vishnu, which is why people revere the silver snake. Therefore, it is crucial to pray for protection for your house and ask for his blessings through Bhoomi Pujan. One must seek the snake god’s blessing before beginning to build to get it.
- Kalash Puja: The Kalash represents the universe. Mango or betel leaves must be placed atop a Kalash that has been filled with water, and a coconut must be placed within the Kalash upside down. To honour Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi, a coin and betel nut are stored in the Kalash. As a result, Kalash Puja is done to direct divine energy and draw wealth and happiness to a certain location.
- Bhoomi Puja: The main rituals, including Ganesh Puja, are performed at an auspicious time, accompanied by Havan.
- Excavation: A small part of the ground will dig, and the foundation stone or brick will be placed on the land.
- Prasad/offerings: Flowers, incense sticks, Kaleva, raw rice, sandalwood, turmeric, vermilion (Roli), betel nut (Supari), fruits, and sweets, among other things, should be offered during Bhumi Puja and chanting of mantras by the priest.
To talk to the astrologer: Visit here
Things to be purchased for Bhoomi Puja Ceremony
The ingredients you need to include in Bhoomi Puja are rice, coconut, Durba, Betel leaves, areca nut, flower bunches, fruits, Mishri, prasad, camphor, incense sticks, cotton for arati, oil or ghee, lamp, water, turmeric powder, kumkum, paper towel, Pick axe, Navratna and Panchdhatu Etc.
Who should do Bhumi Puja?
The head of the family should do home construction or Bhoomi Puja Vidhi with his wife. The puja has to be done in the presence of a priest and his guidance to complete the puja successfully.